[posted on Special Section of Journal of Political Ecology] In its Volume 24, the Journal of political ecology publishes a special section on Political ecologies of health and disease gather articles from Entitle and Ejolt projects’ team members Panagiota Kotsila, Creighton Connolly, Giacomo D’Alisa, Marco Armiero, Ilenia Lengo and Marcelo Firpo.
The section includes:
- Creighton Connolly, Panagiota Kotsila and Giacomo D’Alisa. 2017. Tracing narratives and perceptions in the political ecologies of health and disease. Journal of Political Ecology 24: 1-10.
- Jeff Rose. 2017. Cleansing public nature: landscapes of homelessness, health, and displacement. Journal of Political Ecology 24: 11-23.
- Creighton Connolly. 2017. “Bird cages and boiling pots for potential diseases”: contested ecologies of urban ‘Swiftlet farming’ in George Town, Malaysia. Journal of Political Ecology 24: 24-43.
- Ilenia Iengo and Marco Armiero. 2017. The politicization of ill bodies in Campania, Italy. Journal of Political Ecology 24: 44-58.
- Giacomo D’Alisa, Anna Rita Germani, Pasquale Marcello Falcone and Piergiuseppe Morone. 2017. Political ecology of health in the Land of Fires: a hotspot of environmental crimes in the south of Italy. Journal of Political Ecology 24: 59-86.
- Panagiota Kotsila. 2017. Health dispossessions and the moralization of disease: the case of diarrhea in the Mekong Delta, Vietnam. Journal of Political Ecology 24: 87-109.
- Marcelo Firpo Porto, Diogo Rocha Ferreira and Renan Finamore. 2017. Health as dignity: political ecology, epistemology and challenges to environmental justice movements. Journal of Political Ecology 24: 110-124.